This should assist with checklist of important elements for 2015 Paper:
ABQ – Units 2, 3 & 4 Look at LC 2005 especially & 2010, could be asked to do a Report in ABQ.
- Characteristics of Entrepreneurs – Control, Self-confident, Decisive, Creative/Innovated, Energetic.
- Enterprising skills – Planning/Goal setting, Assessing risk/decision making, Time management, HR,
Innovation, Reality perception, Inner control.
- Leadership styles, effect on the organisation and staff (link to Motivational theory Maslow, X&Y).
- Management Activities – POC (Planning, Organising & Controlling.
- Management Skills - LMC Leading, Motivating and Communications.
- Know Report Layout, Letter Layout, Memo, Agenda layout. The Business exam is very practical this year.
VIP Know the Business Plan – Layout (5 Headings) Look up LC Q.6 – 2006 full & Q.5 (C) 2005
1, Description of Business – Name of Company etc.
2. Organisation and Management – Management team, qualifications experience etc …..
3. Marketing and Marketing Strategies – Target market, Market research, 4P’s…….
4. Manufacturing Operations and Premises – Manufacturing process, premises, Q.C…..
5. Financial Analysis and Investment proposal, Finance requirements, Finance available…..
Signed:………… Owner of the Business
What are the benefits for an enterprise preparing a Business Plan?
Insurance - Short Question: Average Clause, know how to calculate it!
Value Insured (What you insured it for) x Loss
Value of House (Actual Value)
The average clause state that if a partial loss is suffered and the property is under insured, then only a proportion of the amount insured will be paid.
Long Questions – State, Explain and give Examples to show your understanding of the topic!
- Relationships of Stakeholders in Business Q.1 2005 (use examples).
- Law of contracts, termination of a contract and redress.
- Communication – Effective communication, why is it important for a business?
- Does the style of Management effect the employment motivation?
- What are the strategies for managing change in a business?
- Reasons why a Business Enterprise might change its organisational structure?
- Ratio Analysis, know all ratios either comes up as a short or long question in examination.
Calculate on the Issued Share Capital (given to Shareholders not the Authorised Share
- Why would shareholders use profitability ratios when making a decision about the business? - Why would a business need to prepare Ratios for a business? Discuss the different forms of finance, benefits and drawbacks of each form. 3 Ratios: 1. Profitability: ROI, Gross & Net Profit Margin.
2. Liquidity: CA:CL (2:1) & Acid Test (Quick) CA-Stock : CL (1:1).
3. Debt/Equity (Gearing): Long term Debt : Equity (Ordinary Issued Share Capital &
Reserves/Retained earnings). Comment on findings! Quote findings, numbers!!
- Break Even Analysis – Q.7 2011, Q. 7 2008 and & Q.6 2005.
BE Point => Fixed Cost / CPU (Sales – Variable Costs). What happens if the Sales figure changes? Variable Costs increase? Shift in BE Point!!
- Cash flow Forecast – Q.6 (B) 2007 Full Question, Q. 6 (C) 2009 Full Question & Q.5 (C) 2013 theory part question. Note need to be able to analyse the Cash flow, look at the type of business, this could determine the net cash figure which is the important figure! Have to interpret accounts only! State figures.
- Community Development & Business Ethics CSR – Q.2 (C) 2012.
- What are the effects of meeting Ethical, Social and Environmental Responsibilities on a firms’ revenue and costs?
- Direct Foreign Investments Benefits to Ireland.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Transnational Companies in Ireland.
- Reasons for Expansion? How would the business finance the expansion?
- Importance of Business Expansion – Why is EU important for Ireland?
- TQM – Total Quality Management, how does it benefit the business and affect its performance?
- What are the benefits of empowerment for a business? How does it affect employee motivation?
- Wages and Wages Calculation, remember USC on Gross Wages (include BIK) especially know the forms P12A, Tax Credit, P21.
- Marketing Question look at 2006 Q.7 – Excellent to practice Report Layout, Stages in development of a new Product/Service, Packaging, Branding, Product Life Cycle and Channel of Distribution.
- Business Plan Question 6 – 2006, excellent to practice 5 headings of business plan and cover business expansion area.
Note: Use Studyclix exam builder to group topic areas together, this will allow you to practice questions from the examination papers and have model sample answers as a bonus!! Good Luck with your exams!!
So helpful thanks a million !!
you sir are an absolute ring
Are they predictions ?
Very good outline.
What do you mean by "calculate on the issued share capital"?
Does anyone have a link to a sample business plan?
what do you think are the most importaqnt topics for questions 1,4,5,6
how do you move the breakeven point due to increased variable costs or sales figure changes?
do you think that they'll put an accounting question in the ABQ or will they leave it out since not all student will be comfortable with doing an accounting question?
which questions would you recommenced doing if you know all the topics you listed above p.s. thanks a bunch for this last minute cram guide
thank you :)
Any predictions for ordinary level ??
Thanks so much for all the predictions, it was so helpful and a lot of it appeared on the paper so thank you
Thank you 😊
Was a good exam was able to answer 3 long questions good but found it hard to answer a 4th
does anybody know the functions of the public relations officer???
any predictions for 2016 business higher level? please
Any predictions for buisness please
Any advice or predictions for 2016?
any predictions for 2016 please
any predictions for 2016
Have you got any accounting predictions for 2016?
Anyone know what is the difference between breach of warranty and breach of condition in the termination of a contract please?
Thanks a million!
when is 2016 predictions?
What % of this came up last year