We've put all the past papers into a single booklet so you can print them out.
Junior Certificate Technical Graphics
Technical Graphics (sometimes called Tech Graph or Tech Drawing) for Junior Cert is widely varied subject in which you will learn how to represent 3-D objects on paper and on computer. You will develop problem solving and creative thinking skills through the solution of graphical problems. Junior Cert Tech Graph students can become better aware of how graphic communication is all around us, in the print media, and on television
Some of the topics covered in Tech Graph for Junior Cert include
● how to produce drawings using drawing equipment
● freehand sketches and computers
● how to read and interpret drawings and diagrams
● how graphics relate to the design and manufacture of products.
You will sit a three hour examination paper. It is made up two sections:
● short answer questions which you complete on the sheet provided
● longer questions which require more detailed answers.The longer questions allow you to show, in greater detail,the drawing and problem solving skills you have learned.
You can take the exam at Higher or at Ordinary level.When the time comes to decide, your teacher will help you choose the level that suits you best.
● Area Conversion
● Cartesian Plotting
● Circles in Contact
● Conic Section/ Ellipse
● Isometric Scale
● Orthographic Projection
● Projection Systems
● Rotation/ Flag questions
● Solids in Contact
● Spatial Ability
● Transformation Geometry
JC Tech Graph Syllabus http://www.curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/5b5b40be-18fb-4e1e-8d1a-1cb2694cc1db/JCSEC26_technicalgraphics_syllabus.pdf
JC Tech Graph Fact Sheet http://www.ncca.ie/uploadedfiles/Factsheets/TechGr_factsheet.pdf
18 Topics for Technical Graphics
18 Past papers for Technical Graphics