We've put all the past papers into a single booklet so you can print them out.
Leaving Certificate Business
Leaving Certificate Business is a popular subject and is very factual so requires you to do a lot of learning. If you've done Business Studies at Junior Cert, things should be a bit easier.
You should try and keep an eye on business and current affairs in the news. The Business exam gives you a lot of choice but is marked quite strictly.
Business Course Content
People in Business
- Conflicting interests
- Household and Business Finance, Insurance, Taxation.
- Human Resource Management
- The Changing Role of Management
- Monitoring a Business including ratio analysis.
- Identifying Opportunities
- Starting up
- Business Sectors
- Structure of Business
- Community Development
- Business, Government and Workers
- Social and Ethical Responsibilities of Business
- The International Trading Environment
- The European Union
- International Business
Business is assessed by means of a written exam
Higher Level – 3 hour paper (400 marks); 3 sections.
Section 1 – Short questions (8/10) 80 marks.
Section 2 – Applied Business Question – 80 marks (You must do this section).
Section 3 – Long Questions (60 marks per question (Do 4 questions from7))
Ordinary Level – 2.5 hour paper (400 marks); 2 sections.
Section 1 – Short Question (10/15) 100 marks.
Section 2 – Long Questions (75 marks per question (Do 4 from 8)).
Future Careers with Leaving Certificate Business
Leaving cert Business is not an essential requirement for any courses in the CAO system. Possible careers include Management, Entrepreneur, Accountancy, Finance.
Download the leaving cert business syllabus
Download the leaving cert Business Chief examiner's report (2015)
21 Topics for Business
- 1. Consumer Protection & Legislation
- 1. Industrial Relations & Contracts
- 1. People In Business
- 2. Entrepreneurs & Enterprise
- 3. Communication in Business
- 3. Managing Skills & Activities
- 4. Business Accounts & Ratio Analysis
- 4. Human Resource Management
- 4. Insurance
- 4. Taxation
- 5. Business Expansion
- 5. Managing Finances
- 5. Marketing
- 5. Starting & Expanding a business
- 5. Types of Business: Sole trader, Ltd. etc.
- 6. Ethics in Business
- 6. NGOs and Community Development
- 6. Sectors: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary..
- 7. EU: Institutions & Policies
- 7. International Trade & Marketing
- What do these initials stand for?
21 Past papers for Business
Mocks prep by ch1099